Wednesday, March 19, 2008

EXTRA, EXTRA: Mimi supports the troops.


BREAKING NEWS: Mimi registers for the Tri for Our Veterans race!


Wow. I am very proud to announce my Mom signed up for the race. After weeks of training, she felt she could safely sign up and compete. That's right..."Mimi", mother of three and grandmother to four beautiful girls, is signed up and ready to compete on May 24th. As a wife of a veteran, Mimi supported the race since its inception and has been a proud backer of our efforts to support our military veterans.


This is her first triathlon and she is very excited. It goes to show that this race is possible for all ages and even first timers. I have received a number of questions about this race, mainly from first time triathletes. Because of the short swim, the flat bike course, and the overwhelming crowd support, this race is a perfect setting for "rookies".


Nice job, Mom. I can't wait to give you a hug at the finish line!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go my friend; besides being the best mimi, mom and wife, you are the bestest friend a girl could ever had and I am blessed to have you in my corner -- Love you, jeannie

Dee Wolintos said...

Sherree,

Toes and I are so proud of you!! Your determination, committment and dedication is amazing!! We will be there as your support team, cheerleaders and best friends!!

We love you,
dee and toes