Friday, April 18, 2008

250.............

Wow. I feel great today. We just broke 250 registrations!

When I came up with the idea of launching a triathlon in my favorite beach town-- my second home-- I figured a figured a good goal would be roughly 250 racers. Then I actually launched it and watched the numbers trickle in via Piranha-Sports. Many times, I questioned whether or not we could hit that magic number. During the cold months of January and February, racers slowly started to show up-- but most of them were friends, family, and familiar racers. Now, we are seeing a ton of activity and racers from as far as Massachusetts and Virginia.

Some interesting numbers:

2,690-- the number of visitors to the race blog
7,596-- athletes in Piranha's database...we sent 2 emails announcing the race
1,291-- number of postcards I sent to area triathletes
10-- number of Team Semper Fi racers

$21,000 -- Amount we are predicting we will raise for the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund and Sea Isle's new Veterans' Memorial Fountain

Thank you! This has been an amazing experience and I am so pleased to give back to our community, our veterans, and call attention to the sacrifices made by our military. With 250 racers as of today, we should probably climb all the way to possibly 350 (we do have 36 days to go and a lot of racers wait until the last minute).

See you in Sea Isle City!

No comments: