Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Coincidence?

As you might have noticed, I am a huge RFK fan. Teddy I respect & wish a speedy recovery. (He is not his brother [s]). Ted Kennedy did deliver one of my favorites speeches of all time, a eulogy of his brother, Robert. Two favorite lines I think about constantly, especially while planning this race:

"Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation... Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope..."

And

"Through no virtues and accomplishments of our own, we have been fortunate enough to be born in the United States under the most comfortable conditions. We, therefore, have a responsibility to others who are less well off."

If you are not racing this weekend, please come out and cheer on those who are, especially our military!
.

2 comments:

Jen A. Miller said...

Hey Matt! Wishing you guys good luck on Saturday. I would love to be there, but I already have plans that day. Please do keep me in mind next year -- I'd be honored to be part of it.

Make sure to send me pictures, too, so I can post them to my shore blog!

Anonymous said...

Matt, AWESOME job. What a great race. The course was interesting and tough. The race was well organized and fun... but my favorite part was seeing the military contestants supporting each other... talk about inspirational... no better way to kick off Memorial Day Weekend. I hope this becomes an annual race because I'll be there with friends. Tim T. Wilm De