Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weather plays its part

Race day is one week away. The initial weather reports are coming in...drumroll...SUNNY AND 70!

So much planning has gone into this race, but you cannot order nice weather, especially not with my track record for making Sunday mass (give me a break-- I endured 16 years of Catholic school).
The water temperature continues to creep upward too. Current ocean temperature is 59 degrees. I am headed to Sea Isle this afternoon and will be swimming either today or tomorrow. Count on a 1st person report in the next 48 hours.
The water bottles were received today-- all 15 cases were shipped to my house (instead of the VFW in Sea Isle- YIKES). They are really sharp. T-shirts and beach bags arrive on Thursday morning and the race bags will be assembled on Thursday night. I have lured some friends into helping with some cold beers at the VFW. Let me know if you are thirsty!
Remember, if you still want to race, show up at the VFW in Sea Isle on Friday night and you will most likely get into the triathlon. Wait until race day and you are rolling the dice.
See you in Sea Isle City!
.
.

No comments: