Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weather Update, other tidbits

Weather update: Still looking great. Low of 54 degrees, high of 71. Folks, this is perfect weather for a triathlon. If we can keep the winds down, we are headed for a delightful day. The wind is usually a killer on a bike course, but I am not worried about that portion of the race. Sea Isle's bike course would probably be easy in the wind-- it is the swim course I would worry about and the swimmers bobbing up and down.

Sunrise: 5:39AM. This means the sun will be up and warming the air for a full 2 hours before you enter the water. NICE! This is welcomed news.

Parking: Remember, there is a free lot at 48th & Central. My advice is to get to Sea Isle early and park. I love my beach town, but this area is always a concern. When we go out to dinner, I am usuaully circling the block for 15-20 minutes. Keep in mind, if you think you will be finished the course in under 2 hours, or, if you have family cheering you on-- I would advise you to park at the meters. They are not "ON" until 10am and you can have your supporters feed the meter with quarters.

Packet Pick up: Get there early. VFW on Friday or Race Site on Saturday. We have 350+ preregistered and expect 20-30 walk up racers. The place will be hopping-- get there early!


My daughter Lila (AKA "Lulu") and I are headed down to Sea Isle tonight. Bike racks go in tomorrow, as well as the bathroom trailer. Race bag building party on Thursday night. Then Friday race fever kicks in (honestly, I already have it).

See you in Sea Isle City!
.
.

No comments: